Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Beautiful Afternoon

Share
My husband and I rarely go on outings. Unless it's something pretty spectacular then we don't bother so much.  I like going out, being in the car, but my husband doesn't like driving.  However yesterday was quite different for him.  He enjoyed the drive.

We decided to go to the "Pineapple Beach".  I guess it's called that because there is a lone palm tree there that sort of looks like the top of a pineapple.  The beach is very secluded and there is a gorgeous cliff. I didn't get the best angle but this is still quite nice.



 It was late in the afternoon.  The sun was almost past the stage where you would get a sunburn. Being as white as my husband is we have to avoid getting burnt at all times!  Achilles was very happy to be there. He ran to the water, let his feet touch and run back to shore.  I had a swiw with Derek, my hubby, which I had not done since a month before Chaya was born.  It felt immaculate!

The water was warm and crystal blue.  I thought to myself, " I could stay here in Oman for a couple more  years"; in Salalah that is.  The rest of Oman has nothing like this..well...maybe Muscat, but that's about it.  The weather is alot more pleasant down here than Muscat!

Chaya slept for most of the time on the beach and it was relaxing.  It was the perfect end to the weekend( in the middle east the weekend begins Wednesday afternoon and you're back to work on Saturday).





Hope to have lots more of these!

1 comment: